In these Rules, unless the Context otherwise requires:
( a) EMPLOYEE means any person employed in the Corporation other than the
persons engaged on casual/ temporary basis and those who are covered under the standing
orders framed under the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946, as amended from
time to time.
(b) CORPORATION means the Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation
Ltd., which expression shall include all its factories, Head Office and other
Administrative Offices as well as Sales and Service Offices, Sub-offices, Branches, Work
sites and Construction sites now in existence and those which may be established in future
and wherever situated. The term Corporation for the purpose of these Rules
shall also include Electronic Research and Development Centre formed under the Travancore
Scientific and Charitable Societies Act.
(c) BOARD means the Board of Directors of the Corporation and includes any
(d) Chairman means the Chairman of the Corporation.
(e) Managing Director means the Managing Director of the Corporation.
(f) Competent Authority means the Managing Director or any authority or
authorities so designated by
the Managing Director by formal Office Orders from time to time.
(g) Inquiring Authority means any person or persons empowered by the Competent
authority from time
to time under these Rules to enquire into misconduct.
(h) Government means the State Government.
(i) Appellate Authority means the Chairman where the Managing Director
is the Competent authority. In other cases where the competent authority is an authority
so designated by the Managing Director by a formal Office Order, the Managing Director
shall be the appellate authority.
(j) Premises means the factory buildings, the corporate Head Office,
Administrative buildings, ancillary offices and other Administrative Offices, branches,
Sales and service centers, godowns, warehouses, showrooms, stores and such other premises
of the Corporation including the ER & DC, whether situated in India or abroad, whether
at present existing or that may be established in future which are used for transacting
any business of the Corporation and include vacant places, adjacent or appertinent to the
Corporation and shall include estate and vehicles of the Corporation.
Without prejudice to the generality of the term misconduct the following acts
of omission and commission shall be treated as misconducts.
(1) Theft, fraud or dishonesty or breach of trust or misappropriation in
connection with the business or property of the Corporation, or of property of any other
person within the premises of the Corporation or of the property of any of the
Organisation sponsored by the Corporation.
(2) Taking or giving bribe or any illegal gratification, or indulging in
(3) Possession of pecuniary resources or property disproportionate to
the known sources of income by the employee or on his behalf by other person, which the
employee cannot satisfactorily account for.
(4) Furnishing false information regarding name, age, fathers
name, qualifications, ability or previous service or any other matter germane to the
employment at the time of employment or during the course of employment.
(5) Willful insubordination or disobedience, whether or not in
combination with others, of any lawful and reasonable order of his superior, willful
negligence in discharge of his duties, or commission of any act subversive of discipline
or of good behaviour.
(6) Absence without leave or over-staying the sanctioned leave for more
than seven consecutive days without sufficient grounds or proper or satisfactory
(7) Habitual late or irregular attendance.
(8) Neglect of work or negligence in the performance of duty including
malignering or slowing down of work.
(9) Damage to any property of the Corporation.
(10) Interference or tampering with any safety devices installed or
violating the safety or environmental regulations in or about the premises of the
(11) Drunkenness or riotous or disorderly or indecent behaviour in the
premises of the Corporation or outside such premises where such behaviour is related to or
connected with, the employment of the employee.
(12) Gambling within the premises of the Corporation.
(13) Smoking within the premises of the Corporation where it is
prohibited or spitting in any place other than spittoons provided for that purpose or
using any part of the premises as urinals, latrine, bathrooms etc. , other than the places
provided for the said purposes.
(14) Collection without permission of the competent authority of any
money within the premises of the Corporation except as sanctioned by any law of the land
for the time being in force or rules of the Corporation.
(15) Sleeping while on duty.
(16) Commission of any act which amounts to a criminal offence involving
(17) Absence from employees appointed place of work without
permission or sufficient cause.
(18) Purchasing properties, machinery, stores, etc. from or selling
properties, machinery , stores etc. to the Corporation without express permission in
writing from the competent authority.
(19) Commission of any act subversive of discipline or of good
(20) Sub-letting or unauthorised use of the Corporations quarters/
accommodation taken on lease by the Corporation without the permission of the management.
(21) Mis-use of any amenity provided by the Corporation.
(22) Participation and / or inciting others to participate, in strikes,
geraos, go-slow and similar other agitational activities, or abetting, inciting
instigating or acting in furtherance thereof.
(23) Unauthorised custody and use of the Corporations equipment,
tools, accommodation taken on lease by the Corporation/ Corporation quarters, offices,
godowns, land or any other property of the Corporation.
(24) Falsification of/ tampering with any records in the custody of the
Corporation, impersonation or forgery.
(25) Making representations to persons or bodies outside the
Corporation, whether official or otherwise, on matters connected with the affairs of the
Corporation or any grievances against the management.
(26) Making representation or sending grievance petitions to the members
of the Board of Directors or the Senior Management officers except through proper channel.
(This does not prevent submission of appeals to the prescribed
Appellate Authority under these rules).
(27) Attending or holding meetings other than in the course of duty
within the Corporations premises without prior written permission of the competent
(28) Distribution or exhibition of any newspapers, handbills, pamphlets
(29) Deliberately making any false statement before a superior knowing
it to be false.
(30) Proxy registering of attendance or abetting in the act of
registering attendance of another employee.
(31) Spreading or encouraging casteism, regionalism or communalism.
(32) Abetment of or attempt of abetment of, any act which amounts to
(33) Insubordination or disobedience, whether alone, or in combination
with other or others.
(34) Conviction by any Court of law for economic offences.
(35) Engaging in any trade, money lending or any other activity, or
attending to any work other than his allotted work within the Corporations premises.
(36) Engaging in any trade, business or other commercial in activity or
accepting employment under any other person, firm, company or other organisation outside
his hours of work during the tenure of service with the Corporation without the permission
of the management.
(37) Any other act or omission which could be classified as misconduct
or by which management loses confidence in the employee.
Note:- The above instances of misconduct are illustrative in nature
and not exhaustive.